Friday, August 28, 2015

Email received August 24, 2015

Hello everyone!

We had a pretty fantastic week here in C-Stat! We began teaching Asia, the girl that I wrote home about last week that was playing the piano. She is awesome! She invited her roommate to come and we have taught both of them 3 times already and they came to church. They currently have a goal of being baptized on the 27 of September. We have taught them both the Restoration and Plan of Salvation, and will be going over temples and family history work tonight. We’re excited.

We had zone conference this past Wednesday and we went over the doctrines found in lesson 5 in preach my gospel. We also talked a lot about the priesthood, it was really cool. It was my last zone conference, so I gave my “dying” testimony. So weird. I don’t think it’s really hit me at all. Doesn’t seem real lol. A lot of zone conference was on marriage. And President said that that needs to be our goal when we go home. It was....weird. Haha!

We had one of the sickest sacrament meetings yesterday. There were 3 talks that were all fantastic. They were on the joys of living the gospel and two of them were given by recent converts. Bishop Quinn spoke for a few minutes at the end because there was some extra time. He bore his testimony and conversion story and it was so awesome. There were a few non-members there and it was just a missionary’s dream come true. Bishop Quinn is such a missionary minded bishop. It’s really a blessing. Here are some cool quotes from some of the talks yesterday that I loved.

“There is no reason to live in sin because we have the opportunity to be clean again.”

“We have a loving heavenly father who will forgive us as long as we ask.”

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

“God has created a plan for each one of us. By not being content with our trials and lives we are saying that we are not content with the plan God has made for us.”

-Alexis Wylie

Everyone wants to be happy, but they don’t want to change what they are doing to become happy. We want to keep doing the things that make us unhappy and hope that somehow we will become happy. What are the things that will make us happy? The commandments. Mosiah 2:41.

We can continue to do the things we hope will make us happy, and delay the inevitable, or we can do what makes us the most happy; live the gospel and serve others.

-Jordan Anderson

I love these and they ring so true! I just want to add my testimony that all of those are true. I love you all and hope you have a great week! Til next time :)

-Elder Steed

 Kyle Field sunset

 LDS Chapel, Caldwell TX


No comments:

Post a Comment