Friday, August 28, 2015

Email received August 17, 2015

Hello everyone!

This was an interesting and very stressful week. To start off, we got a new companion on Thursday. His name is Elder Lopp and he’s from Orem, UT. He’s 22 and is excited to be on a mission. He’s awesome. The 3 of us are going to get along very well.

Every companionship in the zone is training, there’s 2 new companionships in the zone, and there is a new zone leader. So, safe to say, I am stressing out! A lot of responsibility. Also, we are only going to be covering the traditions ward now and no longer the family ward :( This week has been pretty rough because most pf our work lately had been in the family ward and we had been focusing so much on progressing investigators that now we really have none left. It’ll give us a fresh new start, which is always good.

We had a really cool miracle happen this week. On Wednesday, Elder Smith and I were on  campus from 11 AM to 5 talking to people. The first 3 hours were absolutely brutal. We had the worst attitude and we did not want to be talking to people. Not to mention it was hot as heck! We went inside one of the buildings to get a drink. As we were walking out, we both were dreading going back out. We were passing by one of the huge study rooms and I heard someone playing the piano in there. I looked in and had the strongest impression that we just needed to take a breath and read the Book of Mormon. It was really relaxing to read while someone was playing the piano. All of the sudden I recognized the song that the girl was playing. It was a christian song that I recognized from listening to christian radio. It sounded so good and I knew she was playing it because she saw us in there. I then had the strongest feeling that the reason I got that impression was because I needed to talk to her. I went up afterward and thanked her for playing. She ended up coming to institute that night and we are meeting with her tonight! After that, our moods changed and we had so much fun biking on campus talking to people. It was a blast!

I’ve been really soaking in this week the reality of my calling. It’s literally the coolest thing ever. It’s so easy to forget when you do it every day for such a long time, but it is seriously the coolest thing ever! I love it. I’m very grateful for all I am learning. It’s amazing to see how much change the gospel can bring for the better.

Congratulations to Mark Anthony! I’m really excited for him! He’s going to impact a lot of people. Well, that’s all for this week. I love you all. Have a great week! :)

Love,
Elder Steed






No comments:

Post a Comment