Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Email received September 21, 2015

Hello everyone!

Hope y’all are doing well. So, this is crazy, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this is my last email as a full time missionary. This week had a lot of ups and downs. The down part is that I got sick on Friday! Just in time to sing in sacrament meeting on Sunday, give a temple tour, and come home. Last night I woke up at 2:30 am and couldn’t fall back asleep. I’m literally a zombie right now.

So one really cool thing that happened this week is that we got a phone call Thursday from an unknown number, they left a voicemail and it was a girl that said that she had a lot of LDS  friends growing up and wanted to convert. Her name is Amanda and she’s so solid! We’ve met with her 3 times this past week and she has a date for October 17.

So Elder Smith and I are both leaving Traditions. Elder Lopp will get 2 new companions tomorrow. And I will be with the mission president going through final interviews, temple trip, testimony meetings etc. It’s all pretty surreal. It does not seem real that I am finished with my mission. I’ve learned so much throughout these past two years and I really wouldn’t give it up for anything.

I think the greatest lesson I’ve been able to learn is to stop placing limits on myself. I’ve learned how to be confident. Not because of myself but because I have a Father in Heaven that will ALWAYS be there to help. As long as I am living in a way where I can receive His help and recognize it, why would we ever feel unsure about ourselves? If we remember who we are and what our potential is, we can feel confident and sure about ourselves! The trick will be to put this into practice in the next stages of my life when I am a “greenie” again. Haha.

I know that this work is true. I know that God knows all of us and wants us to succeed. He is always willing to help. I know that God loves us enough to speak to us today. He has called a prophet that guides us. I know the Book of Mormon is true. It answers the questions of the soul. Simple truths about the most debated and unclear topics of the gospel are clearly and beautifully stated in the Book of Mormon. I know that through the Atonement of Christ we can be cleansed from sin. We can have all our guilt and shame taken away and we can actually FEEL and BE clean. What greater feeling is there than that? I’m grateful for the things that I’ve been able to learn on my mission. I’m indebted to it! I’m also grateful for the great responsibility I’ve been able to have to spend the last 2 years sharing this message. I know it, and I love it. Thank you for all your love, support, and prayers over these years, they were much needed.

I’ll see y’all soon. :)

Love,
Elder Steed


I'm coming for you Nevada!
____________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment